Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sleep Study results...and a high blood pressure...oops.

So I went to see the respiratory physician today for my results (all good, just 3 very minute episodes of apnoea, a little snoring and I had a good sleep between 1am and 6am).

She questioned my blood pressure and proceeded to measure it.....169/104!!  I nearly died.  It's NEVER been that high before.  I'm putting it down to anxiety and what is known as white coat hypertension.  Dad has a monitor so I'll check it again later on tonight when I'm a bit more relaxed and I'll get my GP to check it for me on Saturday between patients.

Otherwise, she sees no issues in me having the surgery.

She also sent me for some blood tests including thyroid function, corisole and full blood, as it's been a while since I've had some of these checked.  I'm sure the surgeon will also request a gammut of tests.

Now just for Monday's catch up with the surgeon to take place then hopefully all systems go.

No comments:

Post a Comment