Friday 27 January 2012

A few steps closer

So on Wednesday I saw the dietician (who weighed me) and the nurse coordinator (who also weighed me), seeing as the surgeon didn't, which I thought was very strange, but anywho.

Had a good discussion with both and both explained the procedure and what's involved and food phases etc.  The dietician did give me somewhat of a guideline of what I can/can't eat, but would've liked something in more detail, which she didn't have unfortunately.  Must Google.

Nurse was lovely and very helpful and reassuring when I shed a few tears.  She also explained the procedure and wound care etc.  I now have in my possession a urine sample jar and 2 tubes of Chlorhexidine wash, just in case.  She also put on a Tegaderm dressing to check if I'm allergic to it.  So far so good.

On Tuesday I go for the results of my sleep study and the following Monday I'm back to see the surgeon and from there, hopefully all systems go and by March (fingers crossed), I'll be banded.

No comments:

Post a Comment