Tuesday 22 November 2011

I have taken the first step

I went and saw the surgeon yesterday and discussed the procedure of laparoscopic banding.

He also discussed with me the sleeve procedure.

I told him the permanency of the sleeve freaked me out, not that I'd want to have the band removed, but you know.

I asked him that if I were to proceed with the surgery, when could I get in.  Basically it's pick a date.  I'm going to hold off until after the Christmas/New Year period.  Let me indulge just that once more.

I know it'll sound like I'm making excuses, but I have my niece's 1st birthday in January and a going away party in February.  They are my 2 major events at the start of the year.

Got a bit of decision making to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your blog name is great.

    I haven't gone through all the posts of your old blog but just wondering if you have really tried to lose weight naturally, with a personal trainer and dietitian. I know someone who had the surgery and hers went really well and two years on she is still slim but in saying that you might not need it and perhaps walking with your dad, eating healthily will be all that's needed for you to start dropping the weight. It is your choice to have the surgery and if your heart is set on it you should get it but I think it should be a last resort when proper exercise and eating healthy just won't work.

    ReplyDelete